Friday 21 October 2011

Goole, a Pictorial History, volume 4

Today I have sent my last correction to the printer and now all I have to do is wait for my book to become a reality. I have been working on it for several months and so am suffering withdrawal symptoms as I have now nothing more to do.

It is the fourth book that I have written about the history of Goole, telling the story of the town through pictures. This volume roughly covers the 1940s and includes some 80 old photographs  as well as a lot of contemporary reminiscences about life in Goole.

The book should be ready for sale by the first week in November. It will be available from Chappelows newsagents in Goole and I also hope to sell signed copies at Goole library on 12th November when there is a family history day.

It will cost £7.95 and will also be available to order by post through my website - although until I have a copy to weigh I am not sure how much P&P will be.



This is the front cover - on the front is a Richard Cooper Street party celebrating the coronation in 1953. Sadly the street has recently been demolished.


No comments:

Post a Comment