Sunday 20 May 2012

Newport (Yorkshire) new bridge

I have recently been looking at some fascinating pictures of the bridge at Newport showing it with several steam rollers parked on top of it. I was not sure of the date and looked it up using the newly available newspaper search site where you can look up articles in the Hull Mail.

As soon as I realised that the Hul Mail newspaper was available I took out a subscription as there is so much information to be found about East Yorkshire, including Goole [of course Goole used to be part of the West Riding of Yorkshire].


Anyway, I found the reference which told me all I needed to know. Have a look at the extract which appeared on September 17th, 1930.

There is not much to say about gardening at the moment. It remains cold and I have taken a risk by planting out my broad beans. They were growing leggy in the greenhouse but I hope the move to the cold wet soil will not be too traumatic and that they will get going!

There is a rumour that it might be warmer next week. I do hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment